What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

first composite

Sofi21

This is my first composite and first photoshop work ever

What do you guys think?

Attachments

• uu6Bc7n.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 22

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hello and welcome!

Your off to a great start! Your selections are my main observations. My biggest tip is that you should learn to use something other than the "Quick & Fast" selection tools such as the Quick Selection and Magic Wand tool.

Learn to use the Pen Tool! It will be the best thing you ever learn in Photoshop! It will seem difficult at first and then it will hit you! You will say to yourself, "Why didn't I learn this tool sooner!".

As for composition....if your going for realism.........there are few other minor issues. The main one being that the road is not aligned with the cars direction of travel.....
Screen Shot 2018-04-01 at 12.55.54 PM.png

Then there are some lighting differences that are off............the added background would have similar lighting as to what you see on the dash of the car in intensity and direction.

But overall, a good job!

jemraid

Hello Sofi,

Well done, I do like the 'space man' there were two old ladies in North Wales who saw a couple of silvery figures by the roadside, just reminded me of that.

As soon as I saw it I thought, Thelma and Louise'.

I found that once I'd learned the tools they became a minor concern and my major concern was actually finding stuff and putting it together. What I did was to go around and take pics of anything that caught my eye, even on a walk to the shops, lots of textures at my feet, found an old clock that someone had trodden on last week looked really good.

You've already got the imagination, follow your instincts and do what you like the most.

Cheers