What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

first post

double r

immanewbie. I've been in and out of this forum for some time now. never had anything to post. but I've sure learned a lot. thanks. I've become a big fan of ronmatts work and I've paid special attention to his or her teachings. What I've posted is the result of what I've learned from him/her? [does anyone know?]
I live in L.A. where everyone is in the music business. This includes my cousin who produces for his wife Lara. She's Chilean and has a club band. this graphic will be their first cd [this isn't spam, it won't be released for another year]
it's an enhanced photo of Lara [thanks ron], cousin Neil shot it. I photoshopped it hope you like it

double r said:
immanewbie. I've been in and out of this forum for some time now. never had anything to post. but I've sure learned a lot. thanks. I've become a big fan of ronmatts work and I've paid special attention to his or her teachings. What I've posted is the result of what I've learned from him/her? [does anyone know?]

.. welcome double r .... I think there are many here who are fans of ronmatts work .. am glad to see you are one of them :) ....

double r said:
.... it's an enhanced photo of Lara [thanks ron], cousin Neil shot it. I photoshopped it hope you like it

.. yes, I liked it very much ... and can see the influence ronmatt has had on you :perfect: ... and hope to see more of your work :)

Good work, I wish you success in the release. Lara is beautiful.

I like the colours and the way the model blends into the background.

Before I even read your post I thought, "Hey, that looks like something ronmat did." Ron has his own unique style that you can recognize anywere. I think thats a good thing, and I'm glad to see learning from him. I think you've mad a great start too. I really like what you've done here. Very clean and beautiful. ?:perfect:

Welcome and very good work.
Is she supposed to be half-immerged in water? very nice effect, and I like to see how, even as a self-called "beginner", you did not overuse filters and effects. That is the sign of good tastes, and I look forward for more of your creations!

That singer sure makes me want to be a photographer (my D200 is coming, can't wait!!!)

Double r. first let me say, I'm not upset that you have chosen to use some of the techniques I use. that's why I post them. Hopefully you'll take them to the next level and I'll be able to learn from you. Now, the challenge, following a tutorial does not a Photoshopper make. You have to be able to innovate to establish your own style / look. That's a bit harder. Can you take these few tools we've given you and extend upon them?
If you are, in fact, new to Photoshop and new to art of any sort, you appear to be off to a good start. This should be an easy challenge for you. The LARA cd cvr. looks too much like my work. Use the technique to make it 'your' work. There are things that can be done. which I eluded to in the mini-tute, which would help you 'stylize' the technique.
Maybe I'll post something later just to see what you can do with it. If you'd like. Some advise on the 'wine glass' posted on another thread; the glass is too dense and the inner glow should be more intense. I'll be posting an alteration on that thread and I'll show you how to create the 'rim'. ( if I can use the posted .jpg ).
anyway, great job on the cover ( how do you get anything done with Lara hanging around? ) I look forward to more
RM (male)

Just out of curiosity... where are the techniques/tutorials posted? I'd like to check them out.

I'm not sure Moth. since I've been on this forum, I've posted a bunch of little mini 'how-to's' but no real tutorials. I've got these things scattered all over the internet, so compiled, they may amount to something. HOWEVER>>>>>
I am working on some real tutorials, in multi-page PDF format that will be covering mostly illustration techniques, texture making and etc. I'm not sure where these will end up, once complete. I did get an e-mail just today from a forum that will actually pay up to $100 per tutorial for well prepared ones. I will be checking into that. I could do 2 a day on PS for a while, then Illustrator, then zbrush, then auto repair, italian cuizine. it would never end.

Back