What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Paid Flaws on Black and White

Landlocation

Premium Member
I am in need of help on this image that I would like to print, you can easily see the flaws on the image and I suspect that they come from the storage of the archival negative, let me know if this can be cleared up, thanks. Kim Map 73-77-S1-0004.jpg

asahid

Guru
It will take some time, may i know, how much are you offering for this repair?

JeffK

Guru
Here's where I am at this point - will put in a bit more work this evening. There was defect "splatter" throughout the image but I went after the most obvious areas. The most difficult being the house in the upper part of the image. I'm proofing this as a grayscale document in jpg format.
Let me know of any comments...
- Jeff
Map 73-77-S1-0004 edited grayscale.jpg

Landlocation

Premium Member
Looking very good so far , that white in the background behind the house is smoke from a something being burned, the splatter as you call it seems to be in the trees , I can always clean some of that up later also, the main area was around the house. This seems to come from the negative as these are a roll of images , could be from silver leakage not sure. What kind of cost am I looking at?

JeffK

Guru
Asked my wife/photographer about those spots and splatter but she couldn't identify. Didnt think it was silver halide.. Whatever it was, seemed to concentrate around the house and rooftops. The trees were more easily repaired.
The white behind the trees is smoke. I thought to leave it to remain true to the image. I can remove if you'd like.
I couldn't begin to determine cost. I also tend to work more slowly. Let's just say $20.00 total if you accept the work.
Will put in a bit more time tonight and send you a final proof. Possibly the other two responders will also submit soon.
- Jeff

Argos

Guru
Dont worry about me Jeff, i sent a pm because in this kind of job that requires a lot of time and work i want to stablish a price and conditions before i do the job, so i dont waste hours for nothing, i didnt receive any answer and you did a lot of work already so i'm not working on it ^^.

Cheers!

asahid

Guru
Asked my wife/photographer about those spots and splatter but she couldn't identify. Didnt think it was silver halide.. Whatever it was, seemed to concentrate around the house and rooftops. The trees were more easily repaired.
The white behind the trees is smoke. I thought to leave it to remain true to the image. I can remove if you'd like.
I couldn't begin to determine cost. I also tend to work more slowly. Let's just say $20.00 total if you accept the work.
Will put in a bit more time tonight and send you a final proof. Possibly the other two responders will also submit soon.
- Jeff
good job Jeff, I haven't done it either, because there was no previous answer, you did very well, a little input, for the spots on the lower tree, you can use dust and scratch as it seems, it saves more time, but eliminates it manually is more perfect :)

JeffK

Guru
This was a tough one, @asahid . Didn't realize the extent until I began to dig in. Appreciate the tip on dust & scratches. Will do a bit more...
- Jeff

JeffK

Guru
Hi Kim -
This would be my final proof. There are hours left in meticulous healing if you want to pursue that deeply. But it's also out of the present scope of this project.
The majority of the larger issues are done with as minimal disturbance as possible to the subject of the image. It was patient work but I think yielded a good result.
My payment for the work is offered above. If you accept, I will submit the final to you. For now, the proof, in grayscale is below.
Thanks as well to you for the opportunity and your patience in waiting this out.
- Jeff

Map 73-77-S1-0004 edited grayscale REV 1.jpg

Landlocation

Premium Member
- Jeff
The $20 works for me, let me know when you are done, can I send this via PayPal?

JeffK

Guru
Hi Kim - the image posted above is my final. Will send you additional info via PM.
- Jeff

JeffK

Guru
Completed, paid, and delivered.
Both final jpg and tif have been sent to your email address.
Thanks you again for your patience!
- Jeff

Map 73-77-S1-0004 edited grayscale FiNAL.jpg