What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flower manip.

Sean

Guru
I had a go at doing a photo manip so tell me what ya think.

I've heard of Gilding the Lily, now here's Grunging the Lily. 8D

Seriously, though. I like the effect.

I'm glad you like it.
Here's a couple others I did.

Wow! Those are cool! Excellent work. I'd love to hear how you went about them.

I'm with Moth. Will you give us some idea on how you did these????

Great work Patrick! Would love to see some more. Nice lighting and technique. Hatch

Thanks guys.
As for how I did them - the story goes like this. My dad was printing out some greeting cards and wanted me to do something to the flowers to make them look different. I got going and couldn't stop.
In the first one I took the lily, cut it out and put it on a grunge texture. Added a couple more textures set to soft light & multiply. Took the backround, placed it on top, blurred it and set to soft light. Along with other tweaks.
The dalias I made in colour but desaturated the backround. Placed a texture (pic of burl wood) in the back, blurred it a lot and set to overlay (I think). To give the glow I pasted everything on a new layer, blurred and set to softlight.
The one with the lilys coming out of the frame was the funnest. All I did was cut out the lilys then cropped the backround frame and transformed it. Added the reflection and shadows.
Hope you understand most of that.
Here's a example of one orig.

Back