What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flowers

JanHelle

I create cards from photos I take of the flowers in my garden. Now I canot open my earlier creations from 2021. What can I do?

clematis_Nelly_card.jpg

I create cards from photos I take of the flowers in my garden. Now I canot open my earlier creations from 2021. What can I do?

View attachment 143092
There can be a variety of reasons that a file might now open.
- It was saved with the wrong suffix
- you saved it in another application to a format Photoshop does not support
- the file is corrupted.

You could try opening the file in a browser or another application other than Photoshop to see if they will open in another application.
You could also attach the troublesome file to another post to have forum members examine it.

Please share what happens when you try to open the file, such as the exact error message, etc. Also, are you using a PC or a Mac computer?

Any details or the file will help forum members help you
Just a suggestion
John Wheeler

I am using a Mac. Each file is saved with a .psd at the end. When I try to open a file, they are grey, so, of course cannot be opened

I am using a Mac. Each file is saved with a .psd at the end. When I try to open a file, they are grey, so, of course cannot be opened
Hi @JanHelle
I use a Mac as well.
One way that can help forum members help you is to share the file on a post, or probably better is to put the file on a file-sharing service and provide post a link to that file. With access to the problem file can help narrow down the issue, e.g.
- Is it just a problem with your system, and can another system open it with different Photoshop settings
- Others can try and open it in other programs
- The file can be examined at the byte level to determine if the format is other than PSD (even though it has a .PSD suffix)

Without the file, various generic troubleshooting steps can be taken that may or may not help, yet could be done on your own without supplying the file. Here is a link to those troubleshooting steps: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/basic-troubleshooting.html

I hope these ideas are helpful
John Wheeler

Do you mean just supplying this:
hibiscus_mg_congrats.psd
When I open Photoshop 24 I get this message:
macOS 13.4.0 or later is recommended for maximum performance and correct operation of Adobe Photoshop 2024. An earlier version of macOS was detected.
I do have a fairly old Mac!

I haven't tested.
In my opinion, it would simply be used to correct a corrupted psd file.
If you are comfortable with the idea, share your file on the forum and pros will be happy to tell you more.

Start with a first file to learn more.
You will see about the others later.

Do you mean just supplying this:
hibiscus_mg_congrats.psd
When I open Photoshop 24 I get this message:
macOS 13.4.0 or later is recommended for maximum performance and correct operation of Adobe Photoshop 2024. An earlier version of macOS was detected.
I do have a fairly old Mac!
Hi @JanHelle
Attaching the PSD file to the post would work if the image is less than 5000px x 3500px and has a maximum file size of 32000kb (32 MB) or less.
A box at the bottom of each post has a paperclip and the words "Attach File." If you click that button, it brings up Finder, and you choose the file you want to attach.

From there, a Forum member (such as myself) can download the file and try it on our systems to see if we can duplicate your issue. Other analyses can be done as well.

I find it hard to believe that you have a large number of files that are corrupted in the manner you mentioned thought that is possible. Hopefully, it is something simpler than that.

John Wheeler

Switch to an older version of Photoshop and your problem should go away. Or use a more recent Mac with the latest OSX

Back