What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Foliage and Leaves

Tron

Guru
Does anyone know were I might find a good tute on making realistic foliage, trees and leaves in photoshop?
I have searched around and came up empty, thought one of you might know

Thanks.

Erik

Guru
try out www.leeds.ac.uk/fine_art/milos

he developed a fractal technique in PS that might give a great result for foliage.
As for the trees: observe, observe and observe. We learn to "know" the types of trees (oak, beech, willow,...) but we unlearn observing the reality of the thing called tree. Look with your instinct and resist your brain's "oh, but I know this" boredom.

But I'll look for tuts for you. We all will.

vogonpoet

Try here for a great tutorial on making a leaf (leave?) :perfect:

Foliage? I dont know any for foliage :( how close up a view of foliage are you looking for, or just generic from a distance? I recently created this image for a weekly comp that is run at a different forum.(the base was a photo) If you think it might be what your looking for in regards to foliage, let me know and I'll run down how I did it.

Trees? again dont know of any tuts for trees, but it should be fairly easy to hand paint em I reckon.

hope it helps :)

kiwi

Guru
When painting foliage that is at a distance I use the square brushes,they work much better for leaves or foliage. :)

Stu.

kiwi

Guru
Rick look in BP3D tutorials manual.

Stu.