What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Font Question...

SydOz

Hi All,

I would like to use a font similar to bodoni classico italic for a web page however as it is only a personal page I don't want (or can afford) to pay $20 for it :)

Does anyone know any fonts similar which are freeware I could use???

Cheers,

Sydoz.

Thanks MindBender,

That was going to be my next question, if anyone has any good free font sites. I find a lot of them impossible to search with all the pop up screens and no catergory search.

Many fonts have been "remade" for free inclusion with OS' etc. You can recognise these by the fact that they bear the names of cities etc...

C9Mouse said:
As for pop-ups, you can get a pretty good pop-up blocker when you download and install the free Google Toolbar (www.google.com) - plus you'll also be able to search Google at anytime just by typing something into the Toolbar search window.

Or if you have a real web browser like FireBird. [shhh]

In terms of value paid, one of the best bargains in fonts is from FontSite, the FontSite 500 CD. For $39.95 + tax (WA residents only) and shipping, you get a hybrid (Mac OS and Windows-compatible) CD containing 516 unlocked fonts in both PostScript Type 1 and TrueType formats. On this collection is FSBodoni Italic which is a bit rounder but very similar to Bodoni Classico Italic.

http://www.fontsite.com/Pages/OrderForm/OrderForm1.html

Or Opera. The best experience on the web, and the fastest browser around. :\

Back