What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fonts and Stuff

Subtronik

how can i preview all my fonts in photoshop 6? im sure its possible because it was with ps4, what am i missing?? also how do i make a font i type invisible with the dash lines instead of having colors? [confused] ;\ [sleepy] :{

Subtronic, I'm not sure what you mean about previewing all your fonts. Do you mean a wysiwyg font menu? I don't think that was ever a feature of Photoshop; you may have had something installed at the time that globally gave you wysiwyg menus, like Suitcase's (which I promptly got rid of because it caused so many problems).

As for the "dashed lines" if you mean the type selection tool, it's there in PS 6, in the options bar, to the far right. Personally, I never use it. If I want to work with a type selection, I use the normal type tool, then Cmd-click on the type layer to make a selection, create a new layer and trash the original type layer. That way, I can see what the type looks like a lot better.

AppleCider, I am just obsessed with that new avatar of yours! [stuned] my eyes are starting to go blind staring at it so long! (so u have a mac? O god i wish i had enough money for 1). My bro has a G4 with 100 gigs, and a 21 in monitor! [excited]

B7 Yes, Julie, I really like the way that you have breathed some new life into your avatar by animating it! It's reminiscent of G-Man's old one... and I always admired that one! ;) Subtle, yet effective! Good stuff! :perfect:

Thanks, Alistair & Wendy! I like yours, too. I'm finally getting the hang of animation B7

in photoshop 4 it was a function. when i would goto the type tool, it would open a large window. inside that large window was a smaller window for adding your word/sentence, and next to that (to its left) would be the choices for fonts to use. when i typed what i wanted it would show me the way the font actually looked, and in that mode i could click on the font name and scroll through different fonts, so whatever i typed would change with each font i scrolled through. it wasnt a plugin, its on my ps4 disc as a default device.

Ah! Here's how to do it in PS 6 & up.

A bit of background: Before PS 6, you did type in a different window. There were advantages, but a huge disadvantage was that you couldn't really see, in real time, what it would look like relative to the rest of the image. In PS 6, you can, and you can also "scroll through" the fonts. Here's how:

Set your type with the text tool (the normal one) and highlight your type with the text tool. Now, Cmd (Mac)/Cntrl (Windows)-H. This hides the highlighting, but the text is still selected. Go to either the options bar or the text palette and just change the font with your font list. (There's a way to scroll through the font list from the keyboard, but I've forgotten it. I'm sure someone will jump in though B7 )

Animation was done in IR, Ailistair. It's just a simple satin animation....you just change the satin settings in the layer style on separate layers.

DOH!!!! well thank you for the help applecider, such a noob mistake i made... anyway i really appreciate the help.

man, and to think ive been doing it the hard way---> type a letter, goto a font, doesnt look good, backspace, goto a different font, type a letter, etc, etc..... arrrhhhgggg!!!!!! lol [saywhat]

Your not alone subtronik! Amazingly, that's the exact way I've been doing it for like a year and a half now! [stuned]!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Back