What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

frames

egosbar

Guru
just playing around practicing hard backround removals , i removed using the backround eraser tool , its a great way to get the backround out

downloaded a lot of frame actions that are awesome

has anyone got favorite actions they want to share?

Attachments

• amerigo_vespucci_veliero_by_naudi-d3njsoq.jpg
    amerigo_vespucci_veliero_by_naudi-d3njsoq.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 2
  • Copy.jpg
    Copy.jpg
    578.6 KB · Views: 1
I'm not into actions, but here's a way to get interesting mats:

duplicate your starting image twice
increase your canvas size by 10-20%
(cntl-T) increase the size of one of the copies to match the new canvas size.
run that copy through a kaleidoscope or some other effect that will break up the image
motion blur it - horizontally usually works best
add some texture
move the other copy of your starting image t the top of the layer stack
add a drop shadow, glow, or other layer efx to make the copy of the original stand out from the background

optional:
enlarge the canvas one more time, filling it with a solid color taken from the starting image.

final step:
add a thin key line around the edge of everything

There are an almost unlimited number of options to this general approach, so have fun.

T

Attachments

• amerigo_vespucci_veliero_by_naudi-d3njsoq-tjm01_acr0-ps02a-02_650px_wide.jpg
    amerigo_vespucci_veliero_by_naudi-d3njsoq-tjm01_acr0-ps02a-02_650px_wide.jpg
    241.9 KB · Views: 23
As for frames, I always use one simple but effective technique
Here's psd example. By tweaking Frame profile Curves layer you can make any frame you want.

Attachments

• Frame.psd
    5.5 MB · Views: 9
"There are an almost unlimited number of options to this general approach, so have fun."
I did a family portrait for someone a few years ago that wanted a digital frame around it. I literally made hundreds to choose from and could of done a million more (it was fun) but wasn't getting paid enough lol I bet if I look hard enough I still have those frames......... Just thinking
Hey! I smell smoke, I better stop now :mrgreen:

Back