What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Freeform pen tool

ApWizard

Wow! Try this (if u already know it: [oops] ).

Select the pen tool --> and use the "free form pen tool" now press and hold the left mouse button, drag it there and there before release the click press and hold the "alt" button (i don't know what's in mac [sleepy] ) and with the alt button key pressed release the click, now drag the mouse there and the click again, drag and click. Before release the alt key (if u're no longer to conitune the path release the alt key and the path will be close) press the left mouse button and the release the alt button.
With this techniques u can "draw" with the free form and at the needed moment u can have straight line!

it's cool :D

ApWizard

I'll definitely give this a try, ApWizard! As someone who has always been completely baffled by the pen tool, maybe I can actually use it. Thanks!

BTW, on the Mac, the Opt key takes the place of the Alt key.

;) ApWizard! I followed your instructions to a "T" and it works! Cool!!!... You'll find that a lot of the tools work in interesting ways using the alt/opt key! My favourite is when painting - you can "instantly" get the eyedropper which is really quick and handy for sampling colours a you go! :)

Admittedly, this is the first time that I've picked up the Freeform pen tool in PS! [shhh]

Hey this is pretty cool, thank you. I was just playing with this today, and wondering what possible use it had.

Lynny

Kewl, thanks for the tip.

Sanby

wow thanks a lot Apwizard! i'll defiinitly use this technique soon :D :D

lindaw: The pen tool is not my friend!!
I know what you mean, lindaw... I used to feel exactly the same way! :\

[stuned] Unbelievable... I've been using the pen tool so much lately that I'm actually comfortable with it! Now, I open up Illustrator "less and less" which is a BIG time saver! ;)

Drawing a perfect triangle

I know this might be a lame thing to TUT on but I have often wondered why Adobe fails to give us a traingle shape tool?

How to create a traingle fast and easy.

1. Open a new window and layout some guide lines like I have shown in the screen capture.

Make sure in the "VIEW MENU" you have "SNAP" Checked and below that "SNAP TO" make sure "GUIDES" is checked.

Step1.jpg

Sorry that the captures are not very clear but I haven't figured out how to shrink the file size down to load in here without loosing image quality.

Basicaly what you create with the guide lines is a 4 inch square or 4x4x4x4.

2. Select the Pen Tool and place a point where the lines intersect.
The circles show where to place the points. I started at the bottom left then to the top then to the bottom right and finished back at the bottom left.

Step2.jpg

3. Click on the Path Pallet and and then choose....Make Selection.
Then click OK. Next Go to "EDIT/FILL" and fill the triangle.

The result.

Step3.jpg

There are other ways of making a triangle but so far I find this to be the easiest. :}

HEY ADOBE!!!! Add a darn triangle tool will ya? [doh]

:rofl: B7 DigiGuy! :perfect: So simple...

[shhh] Now don't forget to add it to your "custom shapes"!

There are a few different triangles in the 'custom shapes' in presets. Just go to load shapes, browse to >presets>custom shapes, and select 'all'.

Tioem

Tioem :) com

ARG!
:(

Here I thought I came up with a cool solution and the solution was there all the time...... [innocent]

Well I will just have to keep trying to find something that some one hasn't discovered yet. :perfect:

I know the feeling, :{ trying to find unique/undiscovered techniques in photoshop is like trying to find republicans in Berkeley.

Digiguy, where are you in N. California? I'm in Walnut Creek.

Tioem

Tioem :) com

Re: Drawing a perfect triangle

DigiGuy said:
HEY ADOBE!!!! Add a darn triangle tool will ya? [doh]

Hello everybody, If you select the polygon shape tool and set the number of sides to 3, you get an equilateral triangle.

Cheers Al

... Rantin Al .. I had never noticed that :perfect:

The things you discover! :D Again, info I wasn't aware of before either!
Tx Rantin Al! :perfect:

Back