What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Freezing

Oasis2011

I'm attempting to try out Smart Objects in photoshop but it keeps freezing on me, and I have to restart over and over. What's going on and what can I do to fix it?

Hi Oasis2011
to have forum members best help you, more details would be helpful such as the specific version number of PS you are using, OS type and OS version. Some versions of PS have issues with Smart Objects and bug fixes were implemented. Do you have the most recent updates for PS, your OS, etc.

I think that would be a good starting point. Just a suggestion.

John Wheeler

Sorry if my question sounded to intrusive to answer. Was just trying to get the basic information to help forum members help you and be efficient with both of our times. No different than a medical Dr asking for medical history and/or specifics symptoms to better diagnose an ailment.

Without more specific information, I would suggest resetting PS Preferences file via this approach:
Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Windows) or Option+Command+Shift (Mac OS) as you start Photoshop. You are prompted to delete the current settings. The new preferences files are created the next time you start Photoshop.
Not sure that will help yet its easy to try and get out of the way. Maybe other forums members will have additional thoughts.

Without more specific information

As mentioned regarding information. You really need to post your:

Operating System:
Version Running:

To get the vesion of photoshop you're using, go to: Help > About Photoshop CC and you'll see it like this.

version.png

Can you also have a look and see how much memory (ram) you have allocated for photoshop to use.

Go to: Edit > Preferences > Preformance

You'll be able to see like below: (this is my setting).
memory.png

Back