What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

From black and white to colour

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeffK

Guru
Your work is incredible, Ray. You've really brought this image back to life! :bowdown:

Ray Guselli

Your work is incredible, Ray. You've really brought this image back to life! :bowdown:
Wow...thank you so much Jeff....
As someone whose work and edits I really enjoy and look out for, that means a lot...thank you very much

Best wishes Ray

Your coloring shown here turned out beautifully.
Almost perfect, so that I would really have trouble to find someone here in the forum, who could have gotten it just as well as you have solved this task.
Not only that, you have your unique, personal and soulful style of making the modulation of the colors look so incredibly natural.
I admire your work shown without reservation.
Thank you Ray for showing this here.

polarwoc

Guru
Hope you like
Really like it. I can imagine the amount of time it would have taken you and the effort undertaken (You must have selected each and every body's faces, clothes, patterns on clothes, hair colours, background, etc). Results show handsomely in your submission.

I would love to hear more about how long it took you to complete this work of art, what was your motivation?

Ray Guselli

Your coloring shown here turned out beautifully.
Almost perfect, so that I would really have trouble to find someone here in the forum, who could have gotten it just as well as you have solved this task.
Not only that, you have your unique, personal and soulful style of making the modulation of the colors look so incredibly natural.
I admire your work shown without reservation.
Thank you Ray for showing this here.
Thank you so much Chris....It means a great deal for it to be so well received and makes the effort all worth while and your feedback is so encouraging...

Thank you so much...

Best wishes Ray...

Ray Guselli

Really like it. I can imagine the amount of time it would have taken you and the effort undertaken (You must have selected each and every body's faces, clothes, patterns on clothes, hair colours, background, etc). Results show handsomely in your submission.

I would love to hear more about how long it took you to complete this work of art, what was your motivation?
Hi polarwoc...

Thanks so much for recognising the effort in the image and you are correct...I tried, as best I could to select each area etc.
I am not sure how long it took but definitely a few hours as I kept going back to it and looking for the next part to colour.

I did find a method helpful which was that once I had got a few parts coloured, I could select those and then invert the selection which meant that when I was painting alongside colours already done, I had a guide and a selection which allowed me to work a little easier.....

I think my motivation is to learn more about colouring black and white images which I enjoy doing very much: as much as I do smudge painting.

My sincere thanks to you and other friends here for such kind feedback which is really appreciated.

Best wishes Ray

polarwoc

Guru
I did find a method helpful which was that once I had got a few parts coloured, I could select those and then invert the selection which meant that when I was painting alongside colours already done, I had a guide and a selection which allowed me to work a little easier.....
That is a neat little trick. Saves a lot of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.