What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Frustration

Carl

Just a private thought.
Since there is no specific board for this kind of frustration I will
just post it here.
In some progs like MS Excel or Word there is an option where you can automatically have your work saved every ten minutes or whatever time span you set this option to be.
Spending almost four hours on a beautiful sunday working on a project which started as a tut from Stu, then turned into something I was rather proud of. Being so immersed in my work, creating new layer after new layer. Image size ballooning up unnoticed, when .......at a certain point I feel like using the lighting filter. People who has been there know what is coming next. :( A friendly window pops up, saying this prog has made a wrong move or something. And BAM everything is lost. I know I should save my work periodically and all that, but it still is pretty annoying.
Sorry folks, I had to get this off my chest.
CL

yep I know just what you mean [slick]

many a times everyone has been engrossed in something else when they hear .......................

Oh No! being screamed accross the room he he he

It would be nice if there was a saver on it but I have never found one and have to remind myself to save as I go
sfm

You can take a snapshot.A snapshot is a like a freeze frame of the state of your layers progress of your image etc,so if go to your history palette and click on the little triangle on the right and browse to NEW SNAPSHOT ,After you select FULL DOCUMENT the current state of everything will be saved,so if you screw up your image really badly just go back into the history palette and click your snapshot and voila evrything is returned to the state your image was in when you took the snapshot.The only thing with snap shots is that if you had several when saved it does not matter when you re open PS you will only have 1.The other cool thing about snapshots is say you apply the spherize filter to your image and then go to the HISTORY PALETTE and click the little triangle doofah and browse to NEW SNAPSHOT,only this time select MERGED LAYERS,now click the little paintbrush on the new spherized snapshot but not the snapshot itself,but do click on the un spherized snapshot but dont click the little brush....uuurrrggh I hope that made sense.Now while still in the history palette go to your history brush and with the opacity of your choosing you can paint the spherized history state onto the the un spherized history state.When you have the states the way you want then just make a new snapshot only choose FULL DOCUMENT once more :) and when you return to the layers your image will be spherized with opacity :) .

Now my head hurts :D..........see why I didnt want to explain this now Rick......

I use the history brush all the time for retouching :D

Stu.

I also save a copy when I get my image looking nice :D

My head still hurts :(

Stu.

Back