What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fun project from missunderstanding!

ljiljana

Guru
Here is nice story:
My friend asked me to design old book for him.
Sure I can, so I said yes. In the conversation about details he said:
" The book needs to be really big."
Me: " How big and what file format?"
He: What do you mean by file? I need book to be open on the table..
In that moment I realize that he meant real old book as an object.. [innocent]

Oh my, how great time I had! Everything was involved in this creation:
Drawing, Photoshop, kitchen Owen, coffee, tea, art store.. Sawing...just to name a few and here it is:

http://www.lzblack.com/lin.htm

Re: Fun project from misunderstanding!

:surprised: That really must have been a fun project Lily! Very cool!!! B7 :} :} Long ago I tried constructing a book also and it was very very fun to put together. This book you've designed has loads of character, great drawings, will be a great prop in the film. Sometimes it's the surprise projects that crop up through the unexpected that are the most fun of all. ;)

Thanks for sharing how you worked on it! :perfect:

Maya, thank you I am glad you like it.
I will have tutorial on my site as soon as I have some free time.
In my project I did some steps that are not well known. ;)
In art store they have book binding section, but it is copy of profesional work and it is very expencive. :shocked:
I had to come up with something more homy and handy thing. [shhh]

Did you fill every page? That'd be a lot of work! I like it though :)

No Alistar, I just "mask" side of the pages that it looks as it is real book!

ljiljana said:

That's a really neat good tutorial ljiljana and what a great end result, well done.? :perfect:

I also had a look at some of your other tutorials and I must admit that they're very well written and have content that is most definitely above average, some unique approaches too that inspired me to experiment in specific areas.? ;)

Gaussian said:
That's a really neat good tutorial ljiljana and what a great end result, well done. :perfect:

I also had a look at some of your other tutorials and I must admit that they're very well written and have content that is most definitely above average, some unique approaches too that inspired me to experiment in specific areas. ;)

Gauss I am very happy to hear that from you, since I learned from you and all great PSG members at that time ~ 2004! 8))
As you were my inspiration, I am very glad that I did something to inspire you! ;)

Wonderful aged book Lily! Your perfection is awesome and well as your patience, I would have been tempted to send him to a book dealer.

Back