What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

General guidance needed - Photoshop Organiser

Guy_ms

Dear all,

I am interested in purchasing the software “Photoshop elements 2020” (or maybe the 2019 version, if it provides the features I require). However, there is not sufficient information about this product on the website about the functions of the organiser. (I'm not a English native speaker, so I hope the syntax and expressions below do make sense ;)

It is my intention to reorganise my photo library (in Windows 8.1 and Win 10), which currently holds hundreds of GB of pictures and video material, many of which are unfortunately duplicates.

1) Primarily I want to use the software for tagging and categorising these pictures, preferably using a batch conversion or automated tagging tool. I would like to manually set geotags, timestamps, as well as add commentary/descriptive tags and other meta data. So my first question is: Does the software implement those tags, which are set using the Photoshop organiser into the file (jpeg/png or likewise) itself or is it solely a tagging system which works within the Photoshop Organiser itself? If I were to set a tag with Photoshop, e.g. the keyword “animal”, “sunset” or “holiday”, would the Windows search tool be able to indicate these tags in the search results, when I search for those keywords? Phrased differently: will meta-data that is altered or entered in the organiser be transferred to the meta data of the file itself?

2) Secondly, I would like to use the software as a duplicate finder. Is there a tool which helps me to identify exact or similar copies which are stored at different folders/locations on my hard-drive and is there a tool which helps to delete duplicate files or move them to a specified folder?

3) Thirdly, I would like to reorganise my photo library in Windows itself. Can I use the Photoshop Organiser to restructure the files/folder within my Windows library? If I move files within the Organiser from one folder to another, will those changes be executed within the Windows library as well, so that the work/structure I set in the organiser is transferred also within my library?

4) Finally, is there a tool within the Photoshop Organiser which uses the EXIF-data or encoded data provided by the camera to automatically rotate pictures, so that it will be shown with the correct orientation on the screen? (i.e. photos which display a motive like e.g. the Eiffel Tower which "lays on the side" will be rotated so that the motive is displayed correctly?)

Thank you very much for time and effort to provide me with the information enquired.

Back