What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Specific Get contour from an image

javietos

Hi all!

I want to have the contour from an image in order to paint it later in a wall. I tried creating a vector map but the I dont like the result, there are many things that have lost their details (like the lances).
Could someone give me a hand with it please? I let here the original image and my try to make easier to understand what I look for.
lotr.jpgpath3845.png

thebestcpu

Guru
Hi javieots
Do you have a higher resolution image. Part of the issue of extracting the detail is that there is insufficient detail at the lowest level. Here is a blow up of the lances in the third panel and it is heavily pixelated. First step is always to start with the absolute best image or the results with reasonable effort may not meet your expectations.
Just my opinion
John Wheeler

outline-enlarged.jpg

revnart

Power User
For sure there is some way to make it better but this is the result I get for a fast edit. Is this any helpful?
lotr.png

javietos

Regarding an image with better image thebestcpu, that was the best one I obtained. There is one, in my opinion has the same detail but I put it here in case it helps, but I was not able to find anything else.
revnart, in some parts I like more your image tan mine (the lances part for example are seen much better in yours). But yeah, that is the idea, only is the matter that many lines are not closed and are segments, I hope to explain myself properly. And that "snow" in the most part of it. Anyway, any apport is always appreciated.
Thanks you both for helping

lotr_same.jpg

revnart

Power User
Will try some other techniques for now here is a version with less "snow" and more closed contours.
lotr2.png