What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

getting rid of glare on car body

Koula

Hi Everybody

Long time no see. This question may have a shamefully simple solution and please know that I am trying quite a few different things with some success, but is there a really nifty way of ridding a car body of glare - in a photo?

Thanks in advance
Cheers
Koula :)

Hard to say without seeing the image but I might try selecting the glare spot with the Magic wand set to a pretty high tolerance so the selection includes the shades approaching that which you wish to have remain, then feather the selection. On a new layer I'd try filling the selection with the body color of the car and then adjusting the opacity and blend mode. (Just some thoughts off the top of my head.) ;)

show me a picture and I could probably give you an answer \:] Its a little easyer if you can see something :B

Hi Guys

Thanks for your help. I actually replied to you several days ago complete with before and after shots. Checking again, I seem to have disappeared. Why? I don't know. Anyway, I solved the problem by sampling the glarey areas and filling a new layer with the correct colour and then tweaking tweaking and tweaking.

I had actually shot with a polarizer but there were still problems. I shot the car on a 3/4 profile and maybe that confounds the polarizing filter? Or maybe I just didn't use it properly or maybe I am a perfectionist...In any case I will try to send you the before and after just in case it changes the world..

Cheers and many thanks for good intentions
Koula

here's a little fix. Is this what you mean?

I assume that what you didn't want was the brick reflecting off the limo.
I made a layer above the limo and eye dropped the color of the car..Black and painted the brick area on the limo..
Then changed the opacity of the layer until the car came thru but the brick didn't..
Something like that..It could have been cleaner but it isn't...lol

Good luck,

lasa

Hi ronmatt and lasa

Thank you very much for your efforts. You both did really fantastic work. I don't think my own after shot effectively shows the big improvement from the original, and I deliberately left the brick reflection in there cause I kinda really like it - and my client was very happy too, in fact. But I have to hand it to you guys - you both did a brilliant job and thanks for showing me how I could improve.

:) koula

Back