What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gif file

limey

Power User
Does anyone know why Adobe CS2 for the Mac would not be able to open a gif file.
I tried to open a gif file by first dragging it to my PS icon in the Dock, from an image site on google and when that didn't work I tried it by downloading the file onto my desktop.?
I clicked on PS File>Open and found the file and tried to open it that way.
In both cases I got this message:? (Could not complete your request because the file-format module cannot parse the file)

I then opened it up in Preview and saved it in the Photoshop format and then opened it up in Photoshop.

I've opened up gif files before in PS when? I was using the Mac G4 but this is the first time I've tried since I've had the Mac Pro

Limey, are you having problems opening just that certain gif file, or all gifs you try to open in PS?

Hi!
Have you deleted the gif parser plug-in from Photoshop? (this might happen if you moved the Photoshop application out of its folder on the mac)

Try to save one gif, then open it.

Back