What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

glass effect

I just realized why the glass part is so opaque. I just got out another bulb, and it`s a Soft White bulb (just like the one I used for reference). They really look like that. They are that non-translucent.

That`s a good tip, though lasa. Did you distort with a displacement map, or spherise ?

Spherise.... the displacement map and I don't get along...I could go so far as to say it hate me.
Lasa

the displacement map and I don't get along...I could go so far as to say it hate me.
Lol. Well, I'd say you did a great job on that bulb. It looks very nice. Thanks for the tip. :perfect:

Looks good, but it's different kind of light bulb. I would like to see someone take docilebob's light bulb and improve upon, but keeping it the same kind. Sadly I'm pretty busy right now, otherwise I would give it a shot. Any volunteers?

I`m working on a new one.
C'mon everybody show me your bulbs !!
I have a feeling I`ll regret saying that. Aw, well, bring em on.

OK here`s the first draft of lightbulb 2
Tear it up. I can take it.

<edit> saw flaws, updated</edit>

No one has an opinion (or bulbs or their own ?) ? I find that hard to believe.

Or did I miss a meeting ?

Nothing there to tear up. You've hit the reflections right on with this render. The shadow may be a bit over the top, but that's just a first impression. Good work.

Back