What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Glossy Glass with liquid inside.

jimmyjango

Hey guys, i'm new here and new to photoshop. Not very savvy with it yet, only really used to touch up my photos and decided to teach myself a bit more.

Ok, so i've been trying to follow this tutorial... (wont let me post with link) its on alfoart,com and its called glass tomatoes ('Create realistic glossy glass tomatoes with liquid in them, make reflections and shadows') ... but with this image (again wont let me post but its a 3d looking heart image)

At the transform part and already having trouble, with cutting the middle out! Not sure what tool to use, the guide assumes you know abit more photoshop than i do!

Maybe a little ambitious for me! But I really want this effect and I think it will go amazing with a poster i'm wanting to make!

So, is there a similar tutorial maybe a video one that's a little easier to follow? also is the heart shape going to be much of a problem?

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

It's a very long and relitivly complicated tutorial. If you're having to ask about the quick mask you probably should learn a little more about PS first. The tutorial gets more complicated from here.

Quickmask is an easy way to make that selection using your paint brush. Hit "q" on the keyboard and you will be in QuickMask mode. Now paint the centers of those tomatoes with black (might show up looking see through red or another color), when finished hit "q" again and your painted selection will turn into marching ants.

That'll get you past where you are now I think...but yeah you really need to learn more of the basics of PhotoShop before attempting the more advanced tutorials. Lynda is an awesome site...watch the earlier ones first then try this.

Back