What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Glossy look

JyNx

Looks really nice right now :perfect: Good job guys

I agree with you alistar, they grey strip does infact make it look just that much more realistic..

Jynx

kiwi

Guru
Hmmm it still a little sharp for my liking.I should have made a grdient going from right to left as the top lit edge would be at the top of the book :)

Stu.

wbiss

Guru
[stuned] Alistair, how is it you have me confused with Stu? [confused]
;\ I mean, I'm flattered... but Stu has done all the work here.

Great stuff Stu! :perfect: Just keeps on getting better! :D

P.S. Alistair, if you ever met the two of us (mark my words) there would be no confusion! Am I right, Stu? :p Just teasing ya Alistair ;)

kiwi

Guru
Thanks azheat4u.

P.S. Alistair, if you ever met the two of us (mark my words) there would be no confusion! Am I right, Stu? :p Just teasing ya Alistair

Yep your right Wendy,we have different colored hair :rofl:

wbiss

Guru
Stu:
Yep your right Wendy,we have different colored hair
Yep, yours being green, as I recall, Stu! :rofl: :D :p

Doc

Now if I can just figure out how to ad the 'page curl' effect from the tutorial by Mark. :perfect:

Thanks again for all your suggestions and examples. I really appreciate it.

Doc

wbiss

Guru
Now if I can just figure out how to ad the 'page curl' effect from the tutorial by Mark
:D Great idea Doc! Show us your results when you're done. Admittedly I haven't gotten around to Mark's newest tute yet, but a little curl (not much) on one of the corners of your mag would look *fab*! :perfect:

STU

Great suggestions Stu! AND A good start for any reflection problem.

I'm bookmarking this technique because my memory is OOOOOOOO when it comes to trying to find special tips!

Joyful

Doll_75

Hello gurus! :)

I'm back and like I promise you, here is my first question. I shot this footlong using my digicam. I did a little bit of color enhancing and the works.

So my question is HOW DO I ADD SHINE to the footlong. You know make it more ALIVE... REAL... Well prior to shooting I did dab oil all over the bun and the sausage. Now I feel I should have put on more oil, do you think ADOBE is capable of adding shine? If yes, what type of brush should I use. By the way I am using ADOBE ELEMENTS.

Thanks a heap. MUAH!! ;)

kiwi

Guru
Thanks Joy and Firebrand :)

Howdy and welcome Doll 75 :perfect:.

To something like a foot long which is meant to be wet or moist you can use your airbrush and on a new layer at a low opacity make a stroke right where the dogs curvature is at its widest,which is also the place from the angle and position of your shot your new high light would be,oh ya use your airbrush and pure white,then reduce the opacity of your white stroke until it blends with the dog but also looks a bit lighter,now make another new layer and select a smaller brush and paint along the inside of your previous paint stroke and so until you get a nice specular stroke if you know what I mean :)

Stu.

kiwi

Guru
Hows this I quickly added some high lights to the sauce and air brushed a bit more shadow and high light into the bun.

Stu.

wbiss

Guru
:D Hi Ya Vee! Nice to see you back! ;)

Good job Stu! :perfect:

Doll_75, I found your digi-dog to be somewhat bright to begin with. So, here's what I did:

a) lowered the brightness
b) rendered a subtle spotlight on the dog
c) put a 50% grey fill layer, blend mode "overlay" on top
d) painted some highlights/shadows with a very subtle and soft (20% opacity brush) on the overlay layer
e) merged the layers and then brightened it back up, just a tad

wbiss

Guru
Vee:
And wendy - the Head PSG Buddete
:rofl: you funny guy you! I don't know if you noticed, Vee, but we do have another "Budette" (aka Gurette) moderating this whacky forum! Julie (AppleCider) has joined the ranks to help balance things out (this happened during your absence) :D