What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Going East Coast (North)...must sees?

sPECtre

Guru
Hi gang, this september, I'll be going to visit the Norhteastern United States, we'll land in Newark, visit the Big Apple, then rent a car (Crown something, the same that the cops use) in Newark (cheaper) and go see: the Falls, Catskills, Buffalo (I know..., but it is the home town of Mercury Rev, favorite group of my very best friend that passed away one month ago), Rochester (a good Photo museum there, I guess?)

Then, Vermont, Appalaches, Maine, "New England", New Hampshire (who said Stephen King), Massachusetts (Boston), Cape Cod...

Any place that I MUST see?

Next time, next time, but I might visit Moskva and St-Petersburg next year...

OK I am dejected you are snubbing California. [stuned] And I notice you are not planning on LasVegas September 7th NAPP Convention. [stuned] Waterfalls? \:/

Pierre - September is getting close, do you have your plans finalized? I havent been watching Big Apple events but a friend just returned from New York and was very enthusiatic about Modern Art Museum's current Exhibitions http://www.moma.org/exhibitions/ .? Something about great blown up luminiscent pics of Elephants for emotional impact.

And don't forget the Guggenheim Museum http://www.guggenheim.org/new_york_index.shtml? ? --Just about any museum in New York is fabulous.? Also try to catch a couple of Broadway and off Broadway shows.? Here's a tip: Its better to go directly to the theatre and buy the tickets the afternoon of the evening performance.? The theatre always blocks a reserve of seats - always front row center.? And better prices too.? ?

I hope everything is good with you now. And I hope you have a wonderful time. Take lots of pictures!

Thanks for the tips, Joy!
I'll meet with the friends soon, but most definitively, the Guggenheim (are the repairs finished, now?) and the Moma are on my plate, I'll visit them with the girlfriend of my friend, while he'll go visit the city itself. But we're only 3 days on the apple. I'll look how late the museums close, to decide when in the day we visit them. I definitively want to see the Chysler BLDG, and Grand Central (we'll come from NJ to GC)

There is also a building with something that looks like a castle on top, the villain in Spiderman 1lives in there. I think I saw it in other movies, so it might not be a CGI. -EDIT: seems it is the tudor city: http://www.searls.com/linuxforsuits/4a-nycwifi_feature1.html (search for spider-man)

I have a new camera that I'm very happy of (D200 with a 18-200VR) and lots of memory cards (and a laptop to empty them) I shot 3Gigs on a morning in Prague last Week-end! (lots of pics to process, I'll share those that are not too terrible :D )

I'm happy to hear you are continuing with your trip to USA. I wonder about the building, maybe its the one with the chippendale top, I'll look it up laters, in a rush now. I don't know about the repairs on the G, you should check before because maybe its closed until finished. As you know, it happens always on the one you "must see" while touring. I missed the Rambrandts in Holland and the Mona Lisa in Paris due to ongoing repairs :(

Anxious to see your pictures.

Best as ever,
Joy

I want to apologize here for not having thanked Gaussian who gave me very good tips about the falls (I heard too that they are better seen from the other side of the border, and that's what we intend to do!)
Sorry, Reg, there was no harm intended, just procrastination and bad memory...

Back