What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Good website with beginner Photoshop projects for a Photoshop class?

wheelstb

Against my better judgment, I signed myself up for a beginner's Photoshop course. We don't really have homework but we do have to get in front of the class and show a before and after project.
We basically start with one picture and then show the aftereffects with the modifications we've made to it. I have no artistic ability whatsoever so, I'm looking for a website or something that would give me some inspiration or guidance on what to do with my before and after projects.

Hoogle

Guru
I dont mean to sound rude but you say " I have no artistic ability whatsoever" begs the question why did you sign up for the course.

Well what is your criteria are you allowed to follow tutorials and submit that or does it have to be original`

Does it have to be photo based or Graphics based

etc.

I would say good place to start is here as there are lots of effects explain here and how to do them

failing that I would head over to pstuts.com

Artistic ability and software and technique capability is 2 different things Do you understand how to use photoshop or how to create effects etc or do you need to have an idepth tutorial. Or are you a photoshop master lacking artist creativity

ALB68

Dear Departed Guru and PSG Staff Member
If your just looking for ideas, look in the forum here for Before and After. Here is the link http://www.photoshopgurus.com/forum/before-after-showroom/

Against my better judgment, I signed myself up for a beginner's Photoshop course. We don't really have homework but we do have to get in front of the class and show a before and after project.
We basically start with one picture and then show the aftereffects with the modifications we've made to it. I have no artistic ability whatsoever so, I'm looking for a website or something that would give me some inspiration or guidance on what to do with my before and after projects.

wheelstb

I dont mean to sound rude but you say " I have no artistic ability whatsoever" begs the question why did you sign up for the course.

That is a good question. Perhaps saying that I have no artistic ability whatsoever was a bit of a stretch. I am in marketing and in marketing there are applications for Photoshop that don't necessarily demand you to be an artistic guru. I suppose I do have some artistic ability. But there are plenty of marketing applications for Photoshop that I would benefit from learning despite my artistic ability or lack thereof. Now that I think about it saying that you have to be artistically inclined to use Photoshop is kind of like saying that you have to be a great American novelist to learn how to use Microsoft Word.

The project doesn't need to be original, we're just playing around with the effects and the tools.

If your just looking for ideas, look in the forum here for Before and After. Here is the link http://www.photoshopgurus.com/forum/...fter-showroom/

Thanks. I will definitely take a look at that.

ALB68

Dear Departed Guru and PSG Staff Member
Well said. Take a look. If you need any help, let us know.

wheelstb

Thanks guys. As soon as I get some time tonight or tomorrow morning I will check them out and I'm sure I will be back for assistance somewhere.