What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Google images has changed!

Eggy

Retired Moderator
That's weird...

Here's what I get in IE11
Untitled-1.jpg

and this is what I get in Firefox...
Untitled-2.jpg

But Firefox had an update today (58.0.2)

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
That is odd.

I have not yet updated to the latest FF because they left me hi and dry without my addons. There's one in particular that I absolutely depend on that deletes all cookies, LSO's, and trackers the instant they are detected.....................the creator of that addon chooses not to try and rewrite the addon for the new FF format. So until something similar shows up, I willl not update FF.

Eggy

Retired Moderator
I have to say that I actually only use FF for PSG due to typing issues when using IE11.
But FF Quantum as it is called now has almost doubled in speed and is equal, if not faster then Chrome...
I'll check IE11 again tomorrow to see if it changed.

Nxxl

It's the same for me. They're probably implementing it one country/region at a time.

Capture.PNG

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Yep, it happened...the view button is gone in all my browsers...

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
One thing I've noticed is that Google no longer includes Getty images. This could impact Getty's bottom line. I personally never used Getty's services because there are so many other better alternatives.

While I certainly understand Getty's gripe and I think that copyright infringement is higher today than ever, I'm not fond of financial bullies getting their way and those who think the laws don't apply to them, ruining things for the rest of us.

Eggy

Retired Moderator
And if you really want some of these images, you can always use Yahoo...

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Yahoo and BIngs image search's are poor compared to what Google used to be..............oh well..........guess there's nothing we can do about it now.

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Is it only me?
The 'view image' button in FF is gone again...the add-on is installed and active.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
For me, it's now included in a right click menu.............
Screen Shot 2018-03-17 at 8.27.05 AM.png