What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Google Nik Collection

Eggy

Retired Moderator
DxO took over the NIK filters from Google and guess what, they aren't free anymore: DxO NIK filters
Since being free Google didn't update the filters anymore making it having trouble when used in the latest CC 2018.
DxO took over NIK and updated it to make it work flawless with CC 2018.
Although I'm using the latest CC 2018 and have no trouble with using the old Google NIK...

Eggy

Retired Moderator
This was the Google anouncement:
“The Nik Collection is free and compatible with Mac OS X 10.7 through 10.10; Windows Vista, 7, 8; and Adobe Photoshop through CC 2015,” Google writes. “We have no plans to update the Collection or add new features over time.”

I'm using the Google NIK filters under Win10 and when working with NIK in large files, PS crashes.
To avoid it somewhat (no guarantee), In each of the Nik plugins except HDR Efex go to the Settings>After Clicking OK and change it to apply the filtered effect to the current layer.

Aakshat

Power User
The link isn't active anymore and you get:
404 Error

Sorry the page you requested could not be found.

All other links to the old Google NIK collection aren't working anymore.

You should try looking in archive ;)

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Since DxO took over NIK and updated them to work with cc 2018 I'm sure they will do everything to prevent the old Google NIK to be available on the net.
As new 'owners' selling their product you can't blame them...