What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gradient Tool Option Bar--need help

robiss

I'm trying to fill an area left-to-right with the gradient tool... everything appears to work fine, except the gradient is always applied from top-to-bottom..??... in the Gradient Tool Option Bar; just left of the "mode", there are 5 little icons that should let me choose the type of gradient fill; but these icons don't appear to be functional..??... none are highlighted, & nothing happens when I click them... the only style my fill will do, is from top-to-bottom. I tried resetting the tool, but the style buttons are still non-functional... what am I missing, here..??

thanks for your help... Rob

yeh... I thought that, too... I just thought I might be overlooking something simple... I'm good at doing that..!!... I got my project to work by creating a new gradient; but the style icons still don't function.

thankx for the tip.. Robt

the icons are there but don't function? What version ps?

Did you delete the gradients that ps provides with the program?

correct... 5 icons shown; non-functioning... using elements-9 w/XP pro...Isn't the selected function/icon supposed to have a highlighted border..??... none of mine are highlighted.

Back