What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Graphics Acceleration?

Yzerwing

Hello Photoshop Gurus,

I have a Windows 10 computer with PCI Express port open. 64 bit, i7 6700 CPU 12 GIG installed RAM.

When I first installed Photoshop CC on my Windows computer I had to turn off Graphics Acceleration, I am assuming, because I don't have an independent Graphics Card in my Computer. Not being a big gamer I didn't think I'd need one. Enter Photoshop CC. There are features I can't use without Graphics Acceleration (liquify tools).

My question is: What is a good graphics card to install to accommodate Photoshop?

Thank you for any advice you have for me.

Yzerwing

Thanks Eggy, this should be more affordable than I thought. I was afraid I would need an expensive GPU. Looks like I can get one for under $100!

Thanks again.

Eggy

Retired Moderator
No problem.
Just keep in mind that a real improvement would be the use of a SSD drive and extra RAM because PS tends to use a lot of RAM.