What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Great Photoshop link

Last question-- what will Photoshop 10 be like?
In Photoshop 10.0 you will be able to plug your brain directly into the computer and think the art in to existence.

well, it's about time...

;)

Hey Moses -- Good to hear from you. Doing advanced thinking as usual huh? I hope by ver 10 I still have a brain![doh]

Ammaro
Did you notice Russell Brown has a tut at the end of this interview called Painting with Light --its very good. His stuff is so good

Yes, I also appreciate Russell Brown 's work, but I have one problem;
I just can't stand him and that's all because he thinks he's funny and he's not. I think he's just plain annoying [sleepy]

Hey Joy every guru has a tutorial in his own page, check out Greg Vander Houwen's -Ben Willmore's.(and the rest)
and yeah i prefer to see a funny person on Adobe rather than a serious one, take it easy Gaussian.

Ammar

Why should I take it easy Ammaro, I just can't stand the guy. That's part of life; different people, different opinions and we live in a free world ;) You think he's funny, I think he's not.
I do have respect for what he does for the Photoshop community :perfect:

Great link Ammar!
Thanks.

It's good to see we can at least agree on the amazing talent of Russell Brown. Russell's always coming up with awesome techniques such as the one for grayscale conversion listed on his site.

Me no guru. But my answers:

What was the first version of Photoshop you ever used? 5LE. But I only bought it because I got a scanner for free with it.

What do you like most about Photoshop? It is the best medicine against boredom. When you finally got used to this new version, you realise that it isn't new anymore: there is a newer one that can do new tricks that you really need as much as Adobe wants your money. So you buy and the study continues.

What do you like less about Photoshop? Image Ready.

What is Photoshop 10 going to be like? It will have swallowed InDesign, Illustrator, AfterEffects, Maya, the complete Office Suite, Flash, Ultrafractal, Dreamweaver, Eudora, Opera and Panda anti-virus. It will have its own OS that works on both mac and PC. It will require 20GB for itself, four HDD's for scratch files, 5gig RambusSE and a triple 5GHz processor machine.
But if you buy it, you'lle get a free Adobe comp with it that has all these features and more. Only disadvantage: you won't be able to install third party software anymore. (its codename will be BigBrother)

Do you have a good tip you want to share? For a good tip, I share my discoveries. Hahaaa. This one, perhaps: When you restart Photoshop, hold down Ctrl+Shift+Alt (Cmd+Shift+Alt or Option on the mac?) to get rid of your preferences file. Now open PS and set your personal preferences. Close PS, go inside the Photoshop folder (inside the ProgramFiles folder on PC), and copy the Prefs.psp file to another location. And whenever your preferences file becomes corrupt, just copy the copy back to its original place. (replace Prefs.psp? yes!)
Voila. No more need to reset your prefs everytime the 2&??%$*?!!! file gets corrupt.

Gaussian, agree with you man. And i'm sure you Rick, and i appriciate RB's involvment in developing Photoshop.

Please Gaussian and everybody come over here

Thank you Rick ibelive you've taken the survey.

groovy Erik.

Respect.

Ammar

Nice list Ammaro, I was thinking about posting something like that too.
If I have some time, I will see what I can come up with.

The above answer is an example of European wit, so it cannot be taken seriously.[:I

I will answer as seriously as my bubbling brain allows in Ammaro's thread.

Like I also would like everyone (not the gurus, but us, the students, to include their comp setup in their profile, or on every thread.

At least it would be nice if more people would fill in their profile ;)

One of the questions that I would like to see on a list like this:

What other programs are you using for graphic design?

OK, you asked for it:

Adobe FireworksMX, Adobe XaraX, Adobe Cinema4D, Adobe FlashMX, Adobe Freehand, Adobe DreamweaverMX, Adobe Ultrafractal, Adobe Bodypaint, Adobe InfinityTextures 2.3 and last, but certainly not least: Adobe.....PAINT!!!:perfect:

(or could it be that I am in Adobe's Sales Director's dreams?:shocked: )

When PS 10 comes out, I'll still be using and discovering new things in PS 7 ;\

Rich

Back