What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

green screen or similar method to add water drops to foliage?

Jon5500

Hi. I'm starting to take fall foliage images, but I would like to add water drops to some of the leaf close ups. I know there's ways to do this from scratch in Photoshop, but I don't really like the looks of what I've seen (plus it seems like a lot of extra work to get them to look right!). Also, I know the age old trick of spraying the leaves with water, but I'd like to know if there's a green screen way of creating the drops? Spraying the drops on a green screen of course wouldn't work and I am at a loss. I just want to be able to drag and drop the result into place on the leaf or leaves and then choose one of the blending modes for it to show (probably screen). Your thoughts welcome and thanks in advance. Perhaps spraying drops on glass in front of a green screen and then using a polarizer to avoid glare??

Ok, so not sure about link posting here, but if you Google "How to Create Custom Water Drop Brushes in Adobe Photoshop" you find out the method and steps I just tried. The works ok if the drops are placed on a similar colored greyish-white background, but no good for leaves with all the color differences. I tried various blending modes too. So, no good for me so far.

Back