What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gritty, black and white effect

namexander

Hey guys, I've been attempting to recreate this style and give my images the same effect to no avail. I'm probably the only person to be inspired by the image given its content, which I attached below of what I'm trying to achieve.

photogururequest.jpg

Any advice is appreciated!

Last edited:
As it is not a repetitive photographic processing, it is not necessary to create a mockup, which was possible as I could write it in Javascript.
To imitate the frame of a newspaper, it is important to know that it is for printing, therefore to choose an image resolution of 300 dpi. If your need had been for a screen, it would have been better to work in 96 dpi.
- you convert your image into grayscale: Image ... Mode ... Grayscale
- you convert your image into bitmap : Image...Mode...Bitmap (Output : 300 (pixels per Inch) and Method : Halftone Screen...).
In the window that opens, you enter the following parameters:
- frequency : a value between 30 and 40 lines per Inch (try the both)
- Angle : 45 degrees
- Shape : Round
Hope you will understand my poor English.

Back