What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Group Challenge for Portfolio website design & Branding

Should we do a challenge like this.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hoogle

Guru
I thought we could try something different I have always said I see PSG as a place where people are looking to improve their skills and take them to the next level. So lets look at a real life situation 1 of the more common things freelance designers are asked to do create a name/brand (if not already supplied by Client) logo, Business card and a website.

So after initial discussions it will go like this the name will be decided in this thread if their is interest in the challenge this is where we will find out.

week 1 challenge will designing a logo

Week 2 implementing that logo into a Business card

Week 3 Making a flyer or poster to advertise the fake company

week 4 design a website mock up for the company

week 5 make the actual website if we feel we want to take it to that level lol.

so vote in the poll yes or no if you would like to see this go ahead and if we have more than 10 votes for it then I will go about getting it started.

ibclare

Queen Bee
I like the idea. Anything that inspires me to work in Photoshop (that's why I'm here, not to take part in these silly challenges, lol) is worth my time. SOunds fun.

MikeMc

McGuru
Good idea for the graphics people..I would be lost as I am a photographer, BUT sounds like an idea.

For a "twist" that even a graphics dweeb like me could learn from, pick a winner each week, and add to it the next week...

week 1...make a logo, winners is posted and then ALL take that logo and use it in 2, 3 ,4,5......??

I know, lotsa work and time to vote and post...just thinking out loud

Hoogle

Guru
^^^^
That is the idea seeing a mini project from start to finish not so much a winner but maybe all taking parts of other peoples work improving on it etc and collaborating.

FYI I was hoping along the lines of doing it for a photographer/ Designer aiming for a portfolio as end result.

Even Photographers need to present their work nicely and have a good website these days.

MikeMc

McGuru
^^^^
That is the idea seeing a mini project from start to finish not so much a winner but maybe all taking parts of other peoples work improving on it etc and collaborating.

FYI I was hoping along the lines of doing it for a photographer/ Designer aiming for a portfolio as end result.

Even Photographers need to present their work nicely and have a good website these days.

Yep Vista Print and Go Daddy are making great $$$$$

My site took 30 minutes....NOPE I don't make my livelihood from it either!