What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Actions Grouping Photoshop Actions into Folders

Shopped

I have a lot of actions loaded into Photoshop CS5, and I want to organize them into folders or "Sets" as Adobe calls them.

In my layers window I can make a new set, but I can't seem to find a way to put my existing actions into the new set folder. Most of them are already in their own folder for each action, can I not nest action sets inside of other action sets?

I just want to make some categories for my actions such as Text Effects, Color effects, 3D Effects, etc. and be able to sort all my actions into these categories.

I want them to all still be available without having to Load them from different saved files.

Thanks in advance for the help.

In CS2+ (maybe earlier, but I don't know) the action window (which is grouped with the layers window) has a icon that's shaped like a folder. If you press that, you'll get a new actions folder. You can drag your existing actions into that folder.

Be warned though, you might get some wonkiness if you have any Play Action steps in your actions, since they rely on the folder and name of the action being played. If you change the folder, you break that step. If you don't know whether you have Play Action steps in your actions or not, you probably don't have to worry about it.

Place the layers in the same order you listed.
♦ Make sure the shape/test layer is filled
♦ Right-Click the top layer
♦ Select Create Clipping Mask.

Back