What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gurus can you tell me what this effect is called and how to make it ?

zoe20

Power User
Gurus, can you tell me what this effect is called and how to make it? I think it's a stroke or any readymade actions. Please explain to me with a tutorial, please? Thank you

z1.jpgz2.jpgz3.jpg

zoe20

Power User
Ok, I tried (Please see the attached psd). it and I think it's not the one exactly and similar to the one I attached, Gurus plz teach me with a tutorial or two. I separated the subject from the background and applied stroke to the separated image. I have a feeling I am using the wrong technique. Please Gurus give me the correct way of doing it.

My Effort :

zz.jpg

Here's the PSD :

Attachments

• zoe.psd
    21.5 MB · Views: 2

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hey Zoe.

There would be several ways to accomplish this effect. You already had one way. All you needed to do was move one layer over a bit.

Screen Shot 2021-04-12 at 12.06.33 AM.png

Attachments

• zoe.psd
    21.5 MB · Views: 2

zoe20

Power User
Thank you @IamSam and how to make them smooth edges just like the original one?? also, I think they might have used a different technique? Also, I think they brushed off certain parts?

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
how to make them smooth edges just like the original one??
This would be dependent on the tool(s) used for the selection process and refinement. This is stuff that we have covered in the past, do I need to explain further? I will if needed.

Also, I think they brushed off certain parts?
Well....based on your reference to "brushing" and the fact that you have used layer masking in your PSD, I can assume that you would be aware of using a layer mask to hide or brush out certain parts of the effect. But, If needed, I can explain this further if needed.

Screen Shot 2021-04-12 at 9.17.24 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-04-12 at 9.17.15 AM.png