What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Guys please how do I stop photoshop brush from doing this??

RobertsDigital

Hi guys
Here is the video of my problem below:

After I select the brush. it appears like several dots

But when I try to use a drawing pen it forms a cluster of streaks depending on the pens rotation. I want it to remain as the dots not those streak clusters. So how do i keep the brush point as it was at the beginning of the video without having the pen rotation affect it???

Any solution to resolving this issue will be greatly appreciated
Thanks

PRESTON

Click f5 on the keyboard
or go to windows and click on brush

and set as you see below

Schermata 2020-04-13 alle 11.40.45.png

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
So how do i keep the brush point as it was at the beginning of the video without having the pen rotation affect it???
The brush you have chosen is what's known as a "Natural Media Brush" preset. It is part of the original legacy brushes that were once removed from some versions of Ps. As far as I'm aware, you can't change the tilt/rotate setting to stop how the stylus/pen tilts and rotates the brush, therfore you can't alter how the brush appears on the canvas. As you rotate or tilt the brush, it's appearance will change. This was "built-in" to the design of the brush and there are NO options to remove this feature in the Brushes Panel.

Your only options are to select a different brush that's not a natural media brush preset. Or, you can use the mouse only, or hold the stylus/pen perfectly straight up.