What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Having huge issues with coloring something

Shadowing

Hey guys, i followed several tutors online and i dont know why i cant get color placement tool to work.

to make things more simple
im simply trying to make this circle yellow with out using the fill tool of course
fill tool works fine, select foreground color and click
but no idea why the color replacement tool isnt working.

coloring.jpg

the end objective is to beable to color this by selecting differant shades of grey
also id like to figure out how to color it with out changing the layer. so like color on a blank layer instead and over lay it. Hopefully someone can help me out cause im about ready to flip haha

test.png

If your circle is gonna be an exact size (it doesnt have to be), you can use the Ellipse tool to make the circle which makes it a vector object, which all you got to do is double click on the layer thumbnail in the Layers pallete and you can change the color simple as that.

You can not use color replacement tool on white or black.

However you can create a new layer and fill it with whatever color you like and right click it in the layer panel and select create clipping mask

im simply trying to make this circle yellow with out using the fill tool of course
Why wouldn't you want to use the "Fill" tool?

I'm guessing you've made your ellipse using "Fill Pixels" instead of a "Path" or "Shape", and you've ended up with an apparently un-editable element. In that case, just lock your transparency and Fill with whatever color you want. If you don't know how to lock the transparency, post back here again.

Back