What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Having trouble with CS3

Owen

Hey, I'm new here. I joined because I recently installed Photoshop CS3 on my laptop from a cd, and it's not working. (Yeah, I know...pretty much prehistoric. I'm a graphic design student on a shoestring budget.) The install itself went fine, but when I try to launch the program it displays the boot-up screen where it goes through the initialization checklist and...nothing happens. It loads and loads until I click anywhere on the screen. Then a "program not responding" prompt pops up. I made sure before I installed that my laptop, an Acer Aspire E1-532-4629, is up to all the system requirements, and I don't get what's wrong. Any help would be appreciated.

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Hey, I'm new here. I joined because I recently installed Photoshop CS3 on my laptop from a cd, and it's not working. (Yeah, I know...pretty much prehistoric. I'm a graphic design student on a shoestring budget.) The install itself went fine, but when I try to launch the program it displays the boot-up screen where it goes through the initialization checklist and...nothing happens. It loads and loads until I click anywhere on the screen. Then a "program not responding" prompt pops up. I made sure before I installed that my laptop, an Acer Aspire E1-532-4629, is up to all the system requirements, and I don't get what's wrong. Any help would be appreciated.

Did the activation program worked during the installation? (Probably not since the activation servers for CS3 have been shutdown)

If you didn't activated have a look here: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/activation-fails-cs3-acrobat-8.html

Last edited:

Owen

Did the activation program worked during the installation? (Probably not since the Activation servers for CS3 have been shutdown)

If you didn't activated have a look here: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/activation-fails-cs3-acrobat-8.html
Yeah, activation didn't work. I'm not sure if the software would function even if I did succeed in activating it, since after a bunch of research last night I found out that CS3 is compatible with Windows OS Vista and older. Mine is 7 Home Premium.

Owen

Owen