What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello I am new!! And so lost!!

dianahottie

;\ I just got the photoshop 7 and I have NO idea how to do anything with it.. I am so lost.. Any help I would be so happy.. I am sorry if I am in the wrong forum, I am new to all of this!!

Thanks so much,
Hugs
Diana

I will speak up here.

We all started at the beginning, just like you are doing. Many of us came here just like you did and asked a bunch of questions too. And all of that is OK. If you are that new to PS7 (good one to start out with) here are some steps you may want to take.

• 1. Do a google search for Photoshop Tutorials.
    2. Follow those tutorials and try to achieve similar (not necessarily the exact same) results -- art is very subjective.
    3. There are tutorials at this site on the main page. Most, if not all, were written up by The Keeper. Who, incedentily, is the owner of this site :) !
    4. Keep asking questions, because we are all still learning to some degree. BUT PLEASE, don't ask the same question over and over (like 15 or more times) -- Reason: We will help you, but you must be willing to put in the work necessary to learn and use Photoshop.

Basically, let your creativity steer you in the direction you want to go in PS. Tutorials are a GREAT way to learn the various tools in PS. There is one tutorial in these forums that someone wrote for me a while ago -- only four steps, and I was able to use the "Pen Tool" fairly proficiently!! I will try to find that tutorial and post it in this thread -- that would be a great place to start!! ;)

Back