What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello Photoshop Gurus!

Nathaniel-WoLvEz

Hello

My Name is Nathaniel-WoLvez, Nathaniel is my name, and WoLvEz because I live in a city called Wolverhampton in England, and our local football (soccer) team is Wolverhampton Wanderers (Wolvez ;)).

I am not new to photoshop, infact I use photoshop every single day in my day to day job. I am a Web Dev/ IT Systems manager for a company. Mainly when i use Photoshop it's to create art work for the website or websites along with banners and newsletters.

They are very basic and I sometimes have to do adverts for performance car magazines and I want to standards to be better, so I will be trying to learn about Photoshop. I want to do lots of different things from Image editing to post designs, website designs and as much as possible.

This is a quick hello because I intend to be around for a while! For now just 2 questions.

Can you provide me a link to some beginners projects? Not tutorials, Tutorials are to follow when you have a project!

And what is the main website to use to host images? Devianart, Imgur, Photobucket?

Thanks and Hello.

Hi Nathaniel and welcome to PSG.

Not sure I'm following you on the link to beginners projects, you may have to elaborate on that.
You can post images directly to PSG. Just click the "add Image" icon located in the reply window.
ImageUploadIcon.jpg

Then...
ImageUploadInstructions_01.1.png

edit: we prefer that you upload the images directly and not use off site image hosting. This is to ensure that all images are preserved onsite and will remain visible for our members. Linked images tend to disappear over time.

Last edited:
Hi Sam, Thanks for that - It's great that images can be linked directly.

by beginners projects I mean a project to follow - Like some stuff you can do In Photoshop - things to teach me how to get a better knowledge of photoshop - I guess in a sense tutorials, but with an outcome.

Please see my edit to my post above. We prefer that you don't link to off site images.

Again, I apologize, to me all tutorials are projects of varying sizes, with instruction on how to accomplish the project, so I'm not seeing a difference. Maybe a better question would be, what do you feel like you need to learn?

Nathaniel, sorry I'm trying to get ready for work.

I will comprise a list of the best tutorial sites after work later this evening. In the mean time, just do a Google search on Photoshop tutorials and you will find many that you can read through and see if any interest you and suit your needs.

Ok Sam Thanks, I do google for tutorials now, but sometimes for the same subject I get 3 different options - I was just looking for a Database of tutorials that are "trustworthy" I do not want to learn the incorrect way or "quick" way.

I understand. Although I have found that learning all ways to accomplish a goal is the best way to learn! You tend to learn what's easier. I find that sometimes I will think I know the best way to accomplish an effect, and via some very talented members here on PSG, I discover that I'm, for the most part, wrong. So this will be an ongoing process of learning different ways to accomplish the same thing!

I will put together a list as soon as I get home this evening.

Hopefully others will contribute to this thread throughout the day. Gotta run for now!

welcome to the forum!! when it come to beginners projects i find it better to jump in the deep end and start form there, find something your passionate about (for me it was music) and find tutorials to work around that, foe example when i started i was (and still am) obsessed with metal, and looking at loads of artwork and thinking how do i do that, and then trying it out for myself is the best way forward! its amazing how elements from loads of different tutorials can help you achieve and improve what your wanting to do. however i always found that space-scape's were a fantastic starting point, there's millions scattered throughout the web and most of the techniques they taught me I still use everyday =)

p.s also after posting this i realised its a really long welcome haha

Back