What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello to Everyone From a New Member

Trish

Just wanted to say hi to everyone from down here in Houston, Texas. I stumbled upon this site while searching for a tutorial on how to do something that will give me a "goo" effect. I'm not really new to Photoshop, but I am new to message boards (so I hope I'm putting this in the right place).

I'm working with a friend to design a website and need to create something that looks like banana pudding. I think I might try to modify the raindrops tutorial to suit my needs for that. I'm also in the middle of redoing my site before getting my commercial site up and running. I usually only use PS for photo retouching, etc., but lately I've been experimenting with gel text and different things.

Anyway, just want to say that I really like the forum and I've learned a ton of things looking through the site. I've visited a bunch of sites trying to find the tutorial I was looking for, and this by far has the best design and navigation of any of them.

Welcome aboard, Trish. Don't worry, you'll get the feel of boards in no time.

Speaking of Gel text, there's a hot thread on this subject that you may find helpful. It's within this New User's Area in the second page.

Plus a few related threads scattered all over the place, can't remember where they are right now. But feel free to rummage around for what you need and don't hesitate to ask questions.

Everyone here benefits through sharing of ideas. Feel free to add a line or two of knowledge.

You're in a helpful community. Enjoy your time.

vee

Thanks!

Thanks! I have tried the raindrop exercise, applying it to both text and background trying to get what I wanted, but no luck, although I did learn quite a bit :) and I do see where I can apply that on some other things. So, I'm still up at 6:30 in the morning and I was just looking at some gel text info I have printed out from various sources. I mainly just need a glob that resemebles pudding. I'll go check out the gel info on here now.
Thanks again, and have a great weekend!

Welcome. Never mind that you are now "junior". This has got nothing to do with experience but with the number of your postings.
Even if you have probs with a tut from somewhere else, just ask (and give the website adress).Do you use PS5, 5.5, 6, 7? You have and use plugins? Win, mac? Which version?
just curious... :)

Thanks for the welcome

Thanks for the welcome.
I'm using PS 5 v. 2 on a Win system, although I would love to have a Mac also. No plug ins, a friend of mine gave me some on a CD a few years ago, but when I tried to look at them last night, there was a virus on another program, so I'm going to have my IT guy check it out first. I have checked out Eye Candy and will probably get that eventually if what ends up being on the disk isn't usable.

I solved my problem I think. The raindrop tut worked just as it was supposed to, but wasn't the effect I was looking for. I ended up using some geltext modifications for the "banana pudding" look, so I think I'm on the right track. I'll probably post it when I finalize it, I need to send the draft to the guy I'm doing it for before I'm up another 24 hours on it :(|
Will check out our site later, went there briefly, but will look later when I'm much more awake :)

Hi Trish,

Welcome aboard, this is a very friendly place just ask your way online..
and join the fun!!! :perfect: :perfect:

BTW i had a nasty crash last week too thanks to a free plug in i know
how it feels :(

Nikkie

Houston, we've made contact! Welcome aboard Trish! [excited]

I look forward to seeing the results of your "all nighter"! In the meantime, while the client "dilly dallies" on the approval, SLEEP!!!!! [innocent]

And when you're refreshed and ready, enjoy your time here! ;)

Thanks Again Everyone

Thanks again to all for the warm welcome. Finally got some sleep :)
I was on that darn project for so long because we're wanting to get the initial design down, so we can do the rest of the site asap. Even though it was just a text logo, I still want to base the buttons, background, etc. off the same idea, so I wanted to make sure I had a pretty firm idea of what we're going to be using for them. It's not a huge project, just a favor for a friend of a friend, but a paying job none the less:) Next I'll be redoing my website so I can list my web address with some advertisers here. I'm just still not satisfied with some of the graphics I have on there. Plus I need to learn Flash like yesterday! But I'm having a heck of lot of fun doing it:) I look forward to being able to check out this forum more extensively when I have some downtime. The work I've seen so far is just wonderful !

Welcome Trish ;)

I'm the same case of you, old in PS, new in Message Board, but here everybody is friendly so enjoy!!! :} :} :}

houston texas rox!!
Im from melbourne australia now living in Canberra, slightly drunk atm, bujt kets just say welcome to this awesome community!!!! PS gurus is awesome!!!!!!! :perfect:
i luv u guys!!!! :D
Bannana oo sounds cool.

Hi trish welcome to the boards here.....its the best place for help...or just chat.....good to have you here.

Welcome to the boards Trish. Look forward to seeing you round the halls...

oooooooo nearly missed another welcoming [oops]

Welcome aboard Trish glad you could join us :perfect:
sfm

Back