What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello!

Evan Ross

Hey friends!

New member. I'm looking into starting a career in Multimedia Art and Animation. I have courses through Stack Skills for both After Effects and Photoshop. While I have plenty of amateur experience in both, I know I have a long way to go before I can get certified by Adobe. I guess I'm curious to how some of you Guru's got started. What kind of work did you start doing at the base level to build the "resume experience" most places would look for? Any of you folk's have consistent, full time jobs doing anything of the sort?

I've been stuck in retail for 16 years and started career counseling and this seemed like an ideal fit. I have a lot of self-doubt considering how far I need to go to be at a professional level. Any advice? Disciplines, ideas for projects you are typically asked to work on? I'd greatly appreciate anything!

Hello and welcome to PSG.

Don't ever doubt yourself. I have too many projects to really comment on. Learn smart objects and non-destructive (editable) techniques. Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Looking forward to seeing you around!

Back