What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help and how to get started

Jordan Ha

Hi, I was wondering the best way I should get started in learning to use Photoshop since all my life I've been using MS Paint...but, yeah, I'm pretty sure all of you know how far that goes. The newbie section seems like it would be made for learning this and that, but not from the ground up. Is there a basics thread?

Also, I would like to know how you can achieve the affects attained in these pictures:
2shared - download I_want_this_to_be_my_graduation_photo.png
2shared - download sydneywave.jpg
2shared - download n185107603_33200206_4141.jpg
2shared - download minimized.jpg

Thanks!

hi and welcome all of those effects you desire are simple once you have an understanding of how photoshop works the first 2 examples are probably achieved by loading up a photo and go to image>adjustments>vibrance and crank the vibrance and saturation bar up
the 3rd image is just a city landscape picture rotated vertically with a portrait picture on top in black and white with the opacity level lowered down so you can still see the behind image.
and the last image is just a hich contrast and exposure adjustment but I would learn the basics first then the rest will just fall into place. I am sure if you want specific help with an image if you upload it we will be more than willing to help

Dear Jordan, I strongly suggest you start learning Photoshop from the basic, then building your knowledge a bit by bit by participating in forums and following some tutorials. That way, it would be much easier for you to learn how to re-create any effect you see on the web. :D

These are great tutorials for a beginner like me. Thanks very much.
Bucket

Back