What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Specific Help change cabinets to white.

Kcjjma

Hi! Could someone please help me see what this kitchen would look like with white cabinets. I’d like the cabinets to match the trim color and everything else to stay the same (unless you have a great idea for a backsplash and want to give me an idea about that too). Thanks so much! 4C19C16D-854D-4AF0-8A17-5D0BD9EBF96C.jpeg1C3EFAC0-BE9C-4048-8586-EA443783BE10.jpegF46919A3-D3BB-4B2B-BE6E-5266BACD1152.jpeg4C19C16D-854D-4AF0-8A17-5D0BD9EBF96C.jpeg1C3EFAC0-BE9C-4048-8586-EA443783BE10.jpeg

Is this the kind of result you're looking for?

View attachment 85908
This gives a really terrific natural wood feeling. However, you should always look at your global light sources and consider your ambient reflections. Your cabinets look more bleached, or desaturated, than white. Plus, I can still see the warm, brownish-red glow from the original cabinets. Try using the combination of desaturation layer, and white layer mask with a blending mode, and reduce opacity. :) It makes the transformation look much more realistic. :)

This gives a really terrific natural wood feeling. However, you should always look at your global light sources and consider your ambient reflections. Your cabinets look more bleached, or desaturated, than white. Plus, I can still see the warm, brownish-red glow from the original cabinets. Try using the combination of desaturation layer, and white layer mask with a blending mode, and reduce opacity. :) It makes the transformation look much more realistic. :)

Thank you for the feedback! I was quite hesitant on taking on this Job as I wasn't aware of any definite method of getting good results, so you could say this is somewhat like my first attempt at something like this (as I have done colorization in the past, so it was somewhat similar.)

I had initially made a selection of the cabinets, desaturated it and added a white layer on top with a blend mode, but the cupboards appeared washed out. So instead of adding the white layer on top, I clipped an Exposure Layer to the Desaturated Selection, and changed the blend mode of the selection to "Screen".

Infact, I was waiting for your submission after seeing your work on this request. Mind sharing the exact steps you took for the results that you posted above?

Thanks a ton! :)

Thank you both so much for your help! It helps me get a better idea of if I want to embark on this project or not!

Back