What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help - Clone Stamp and Healing brush drawing from source point.

Kodster1

Hello All,

I am having issues with the Clone stamp and Healing brush tools. They Will either not pick up the source point or will draw straight from the source point when wacom pen is used. Mouse works fine but wacom pen has issues.

I have found a similar thread that clearly shows the same problem I am having as well. The video shows the same problem I am having.

https://streamable.com/z50q6
from

Thank you in advance.

My System.
- Macbook pro 15inch laptop.
- Latest upgrade Catalina 10.15.3
- Wacom intuos pro small - Latest update installed.
- Photoshop CC 21.0.3

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hello and welcome.

Seems like this became a problem after a mac OS update which has caused some conflict with the Wacom tablet/pen. You need to report the issue to Wacom and Apple. If you followed all the links from the thread you posted you can see that a solution was found in updating Wacom drivers and resetting Ps prefs.

Kodster1

Hello IamSam,

Yes, resetting the Photoshop Preferences appears to have solved the issue. I was hoping on a simpler solution as I wasn't looking forward to re-programing short cut keys for PS.

thebestcpu

Guru
Hi Kodster1
For reference for the next time you need to use "resetting Photoshop Preferences,), keyboard shortcuts can be saved to a file and then the file read back in after the Reset. Helps avoid all the re-programming.
Hope that info is helpful
John Wheeler