What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help! Gradient text..?

manchintz

Hi guys. I joined to boards to mainly ask one question but i am sure i will use it a lot more because there is so much info here.I searched google how to do this but cant find anything. Im making a nba2k9 cover and the logo for nba 2k9 is white n red. i can color them different colors with the paintbucket but as seein in this link the guy making them can do different gradients? it looks really cool. cant contact him as i have to join their monthly pay plans. Can anyone help? The logo is just one picture that he cut from the logo on google like
THISS
so i want to color the words as seen in this picture. as you can see they are orange and blue and have that cool white glow in them.
COLORED WORDSSS
Please help! Thanks to all in advance!

To add different colors to one line of text, simply highlight the portion of the text you'd like to change, and use any of the color picker tools available when highlighted. To add a gradient, make sure your text is finalized, and right click the layer, rasterize it. Once this is done control click the layer, making a marquee around your text, once this is done create a new layer and set your gradient in this layer which will be inside of your marquee. Play with layer filters (if you don't know) if you aren't able to see the text underneath.

I think you may be over thinking this just a bit, to me that just looks like a soft white brush stroke.

If I were doing this, I'd duplicate the text layer, and rasterize it. Select the text using the magic wand and the on a new layer use the pen tool (set to paths) to get a nice line, then right click and select stroke path. In the drop down set it to the brush tool, and turn off simulate pressure.

sweet. mozartdminor your way worked. but both of you guys said it liek it was text. the text is actually a picture.so i use magic wand invidually on each and used the gradient tool on them. thanks a bunch guys!

For this there are number of text effect videos tutorial of Photoshop on Codervods.com that will be very helpful for you . you can gain much knowledge from this site.

Thanks

Back