What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help Help! I can't view the document i saved from anywhere other than in PS

shanti

Please Please I need help badly! I have CS5. I am working on a shampoo label for home made shampoo that I want to sell. I created it by opening a new blank page, resizing it to 1.75x1.25 inches, then adding some graphics, color, a rectangular marquee border, Text etc. I then saved it as a JPG, in My Pictures (I have a PC) in a specific folder titled Shampoo. But when I close CS5 and open My Pictures, then the shampoo folder, I see all the various images I got off the web to use as graphics, but none of the documents I opened as blank docs then added stuff to them in CS5. But if I open the same shampoo folder from inside CS5, everything is there.

I need to be able to upload the label I designed onto an Avery template so I can actually create the labels to put on the bottles! I've tried saving as PNG as well, and also saving for web (resizing, flattening etc) but nothing works.

Any help would be appreciated GREATLY!!

Thanks!
Shanti

Well, a couple things to look at:

Does your pic viewer show other images?

Have you tried a different viewer? (technically you shouldn't have to)

You might try saving the doc as a png or something and see if you have the same problem.

What about uninstalling and reinstalling the viewer? IDK why that would work if you can see other items in the viewer. Do you mean you can open the jpeg to PS and see it? That would be because it is a document created in PS and you aren't looking at it in anyone else's viewer.

Hi ibclare!

Yes, the pic viewer shows other images. I've saved other things related to the label in the same folder, such as free clip art/photos I found on the web. It's a coconut shampoo, so I've saved photos/clip art of coconut trees and coconuts in the folder, to use as visual references etc, and those can be seen when I just go to My Pictures, then open the folder Business, then open the folder Shampoo. But the only way to see the actual label I've created within Photoshop (and saved) is to OPEN Photoshop, then go to File-Open-My Pictures-Business-Shampoo. Then I can see the clip art AND the labels I've created. It's as if anything I actually create in Photoshop can only be seen in that folder if I open Photoshop then open the folder from within Photoshop.

OK, well, hmmm. That means I am thinking, but not very quickly.

Has this just occurred, as in today? Or have you had this happen at other times? If this just began to happen, you might just reboot and see if that solves it. If you've already tried this, I still recommend uninstall and reinstall on the viewer program.

Question in my mind is why do you need to see it in the viewer anyway? Aren't you planning to print these and wouldn't it be better to check your work (once viewed in PS) that way?

Have you sent these as email attachments to your father and has he been able to view them?

I have more than one picture viewer, but I only use one of them, liking it's options best.

If none of my answers solves your problem, I'm stuck on helping. In which case, I recommend you change the title to something like: "can view jpeg in PS but not in picture viewer." I think the title could be more clear in referencing your own viewer. I can just change the it if you like.

Last edited:
It has happened with all documents that I've created in Photoshop-I worked briefly on a project where I took a pdf that I got from another designer, then simply opened it in photoshop and resized it. I then saved the resized copy in My Pictures, and tried to open it later (without Photoshop open) and it wasn't in the folder! This was several weeks ago. Then I've been working on the shampoo label, and every item that gets modified in Photoshop, i.e. cropped, resized, created from scratch etc. is not shown in the folder I saved it in unless I open the item from Photoshop. I finally started saving the items on my Desktop, rather then that shampoo folder, and it showed up! I was then able to upload it into an avery template and print out the labels phew!

I'll keep all your tips in mind though, and work on the blurriness issue! Thanks so much for all your help!

What jpeg form are you picking from the drop down list? IDK if it makes a diff or not, but be sure to pick the upper one. (at least that is where the reular jpg is located on my save as list)

I was picking the first JPG on my drop down list, the one on top. But I've also saved as PNG (the upper one) and it still wouldn't show up

Last question which I have asked already. 2 questions really. Does this show up if you attach it to an email in your father's viewer? Have you tried using a differnt viewer? Come to think ot it, 3 ?s. Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the viewer?

Ifnone of these work, then I have no solution for you. Maybe PS is not saving them right (which I doubt) but you could try resetting your preferences. If for some unknown reason, it is PS, and again I doubt it, maybe uninstall and reinstall Photoshop.

Now I am out of any possible fixes I would try. I am not the most technical person. Perhaps you could try a PM to one of these people: Hoogle, Tom Mann, dv8_fx, chrisdesign, hawkeye. There are others but their names aren't on the tip of my tongue. They have more tech knowledge and more experience with PS than I do.

I'm fizzled out on the fixable part.

shanti....

Have you tried doing a search for your files via your computer's SEARCH for files or folders? I ask you do this in case the file was saved in a location you were not aware that PS was set to save your file.

Back