What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help - I''m new here!!!

graeme_19

Hi guys

I'm hoping that someone can help. My brother recently got married and I took some of the wedding photos for him. I have a great pic of them outside the church and want to know if it is possible to do the following:

Turn the picture to monotone but leave the flowers the bride is holding in colour.

Can it be done?? if so please could someone help me out.

Many thanks
\:/

Hi graeme_19, welcome to PSG and enjoy your stay. :)
Yes it is, and there is a few ways you can do that. The one that I like is:

1. Open your image.
2. add adjustment layer Channel Mixer, check the box > monochrome
3. with the soft brush mask the parts you want to have the color.

That is it!

Lily --very well illustrated. Bravo!

Joy, Thanks!
Are you coming to LA?
BTW this is from the installation at Pier 39 San Francisco:
Pier 39 San Francisco home of "Menopause The Musical"
Celebrating women - Aging Out Loud!
www.menopausethemusical.com

Is think maybe the end of August I'll be in LA for a few days. Still tenative, I should know for sure soon. Its all hinges on if I go to Las Vegas Conference. Have you thought about going?

The project in San Francisco looks fun. Did you do some of the graphics?

Cool. No I am not going to Las Vegas, I have so much going right now. -:)
I would love to see you, if you are not going lets get together anyway. I can come to Santa Barbara one day, if
you are not able to get to LA.

Those are my 4 paintings on display! ;)

Wow, by special request could you post your paintings on a new thread here??? I'd love to see them. They look very colorful and meaningful.

One of the things I want to see in LA is that museum you went to in Santa Monica. I believe it was on Mother's day.
If I can't come as outlined, I would love to meet in Santa Barbara - do the Museums, I got some favorite shops to haunt.

Thanks Joy, sure I will in few minutes. ;)

I am sorry but that show is gone, it is Nomadic Museum, they are traveling around the world, and Mothers Day was a last
day of the show in Los Angeles.
DVD and books are available at http://www.ashesandsnow.org/en/bookstore/
But we can go to see Menopause the Musical, it is good laugh and I do have passes.

Back