What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help in replicating a style

syncit

Hey guys,
Can anyone give me some pointers on how to replicate this style from the first image.
i would like to apply it to some of my own work but cant get it right.

image1.jpg

Any Help would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers
Unc

Hello and welcome to PSG.

Just letting you know that I'm checking on this effect.

Here is what I have so far and it's close but not exact. It actually requires many steps to accomplish!
Screen Shot 2022-08-10 at 11.55.58 AM.png

Will let you know if I mange to figure out a better, more accurate technique.

Hello and welcome to PSG.

Just letting you know that I'm checking on this effect.

Here is what I have so far and it's close but not exact. It actually requires many steps to accomplish!
View attachment 131872

Will let you know if I mange to figure out a better, more accurate technique.
Hi,
Wow , thats looks really close, thank you for your time.
will be keeping an eager eye on the end results, cant wait... thank you so much

will be keeping an eager eye on the end results, cant wait
That's fine............but I may not be able to "exactly" reproduce the effect. In that case, I may not have anything else to post!

Hopefully others are working on this effect as well!

Good luck!

I, too, can get close but not exact. My method is very simple, but there are many possible variations that would take a lot of experimentation to get more exact.
  • Copy the image twice to new layers. Temporarily turn off the visibility of Copy #2.
  • Set the foreground color to black.
  • On Copy #1, go to Filter>Sketch>Graphic Pen. I used Stroke Length=10; Light/Dark Balance=15; and Stroke Direction=Right Diagonal. Change layer blend mode to Multiply.
  • Now turn on Copy #2. Do everything the same except change the stroke direction to Left Diagonal. Change blend mode to Multiply and reduce layer opacity to your taste (I used 60%).
  • Optional step: add a Levels adjustment on top of the stack to lighten the midtones. I lightened the midtones quite a bit.

There are a number of possible variations:
  • The Graphic Pen filter is sensitive to whatever your foreground color is set to. The combination of different foreground colors and different layer blend modes give many variations on the effect.
  • For each of the two Graphic Pen layers, you have the option of applying a layer mask to both. You can then exert direct control over which parts of the image have single-direction hatching vs. cross-hatching.
  • Once I was all done, I experimented with copying the original, unaltered image and placing it at the topof the stack. Then I experimented with different layer blend modes (such as Darken or Lighten) to get yet more interesting effects. But in the end I deleted this step entirely.

image1.jpg

Back