What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Specific Help! Lighten the sagebrush in this engagement picture

Samire

Hi there guru!

I’m so glad I found you! Would you be willing to help me edit this photo? We were hoping to leave everything else the same, except for lighten the ground so that the sagebrush is green and the ground doesn’t look so dark. Thank you sooo much in advanced for your time and consideration! E8A02E82-705D-4458-9B16-B51600A5DF41.jpeg

My advice looking at the picture would be to don't do that, adding light to a backlight photo make it look worst and fake, and in this case, the ground is not pretty so it would be even worse.....

it's the couple added to the picture?

My advice looking at the picture would be to don't do that, adding light to a backlight photo make it look worst and fake, and in this case, the ground is not pretty so it would be even worse.....

it's the couple added to the picture?
Yeah I agree, I thought at first he/she wanted the ground to be darker to hide the imperfections, but then I read the thread and it asked for a lighter ground. If the couple is not added to the picture, I would crop the picture so the ground doesn't show so much or darken it even more or any other way to make the ground less visible. So my first idea would be something like this:

moredark.jpg
darker.jpg

In the spirit of providing an example as requested independent of our own personal tastes), here is a little work on the sage brush. To be honest, I rarely see sagebrush green so hard to give a reasonable rendition from my standpoint especially in dim lighting
John Wheeler

Lighten-Sagebrush-adj.jpg

Thank you thank you thank you! This is a cool take on the ground! I guess I’m the only one that thinks a little desert is pretty ;) haha! We are not added to the photo, just brightened.

Yeah I agree, I thought at first he/she wanted the ground to be darker to hide the imperfections, but then I read the thread and it asked for a lighter ground. If the couple is not added to the picture, I would crop the picture so the ground doesn't show so much or darken it even more or any other way to make the ground less visible. So my first idea would be something like this:

View attachment 96875
View attachment 96876
Thanks I like your take. We aren’t added to the photo, but a friend lightened us in the photo. I really like the dirt and sagebrush of our ranch LOL butttt it’s extremely helpful to get others impressions. Thanks so much for your work! I’m pretty inspired to learn photoshop after this thread!

Back