What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

help making logo grungy

scorpion

hi all :) i am making a new website and for 1 layout i am thinking of a grunge effect, but my logo doesn't sit well on it just wondering if anyone can suggest anything that could help. thanks

p.s yes i've tried blend modes

att. logo i want grunged

theKeeper

Guru
To provide any kind of specific feedback Scorpion, we need to see a sample of the design you're trying to match this to. There are a wide variety of "grunge" type effects, but your particular design will dictate only a few specific ones.

Alistair

Guru
scorpion said:
hi all :) i am making a new website and for 1 layout i am thinking of a grunge effect, but my logo doesn't sit well on it just wondering if anyone can suggest anything that could help. thanks

p.s yes i've tried blend modes

att. logo i want grunged
something like this? pull out the eraser tool.. set the brush to spatter.. change the size as you wish.. and make variations of pressure along the logo.. and that's what it turns out like :perfect:

Alistair

Guru
same basic thing... you get your basic grey colours... to make the line you make a new layer, fill a line in tan.. use the eraser tool to take out sploches in diffrent areas... set the layer to overlay... press ctrl+linelayer... go to the grey layer behind it, then bring the brightness on the selection up a bit. That explains the lines.... I already explained the logo... and i just did more eraser in the center of it. Pretty basic stuff :perfect: ;) [:I