What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

help me cut an image from background.

zoe20

Power User
ok am trying to cut an image from a complicated image i used quick selection and refine edges method to cut the background i followed some tutorials and i think its look good on the white background.But when i use colored background its look messy .Any help and tutorials and suggestions on where i went wrong? this is my 4th month with Photoshop basically am a learner .Any help will be highly appreciated Gurus. Look at the head , shoulder and fingers where i think messed up. I attached the image and the psd of it.Thanks in advance.

cheers
zoe

View attachment dreamstimecomp_14983243.psd

Last edited:
it is a good thing that you have a mask.
I would use the magnet selection to make a mask and then refine it with the brush.

or you could arrange this one also with the brush, hardness close to the maximum.

costisefu thanks for your reply can you explain more as am new to photoshop and experimenting each and every tool by reading some video tutorials and learning.Also am sorta comfortable with the quick selection method to cut the backgrounds.

cheers

Last edited:
Buy the image avoid the watermark. To tell how to remove it is as bad as doing it, if not worse.

you already have a mask even if not perfect.
now make the blue background visible,
then click on the layer's mask.
take the brush with black or white color, click right on the image and set hardness as closest to the maximum.
paint around the edges of the shirt to make more visible or invisible, as what color you are using.
Remember to click on the mask of the image before painting. So you won't see black or white painted but just more or less visible.

Buy the image avoid the watermark. To tell how to remove it is as bad as doing it, if not worse.

hi its just for learning purpose only also i found it on google and am not going to use it on anywhere.

If that's the case then find another image something that's not watermarked. Learning how to edit an image is fine, learning how to remove a watermark on it is looking for trouble. You'll probably get more responses with an un-watermarked image. imo

If that's the case then find another image something that's not watermarked. Learning how to edit an image is fine, learning how to remove a watermark on it is looking for trouble. You'll probably get more responses with an un-watermarked image. imo

am not trying to remove the watermark am just trying to learn how to use the quick selection tool and refine edges option.Anyways ill try to find another image. Thanks

regards
zoe

am not trying to remove the watermark am just trying to learn how to use the quick selection tool and refine edges option.Anyways ill try to find another image. Thanks

regards
zoe

Too easy.

Back